The patient applied to the dental clinic for a professional deep cleaning. Professional oral hygiene provides for cleaning and removing of hard deposits from teeth, including the removal of tartar.
The tartar can be harmful to your teeth:
- The tartar and plaque is safe haven for various microorganisms. It allows bacteria to develop comfortably.
- Microorganisms that accumulate in the tartar and plaque destroy not only the tooth but also harm the gums.
- The tartar and plaque promote the growth of bacteria in the oral cavity that harms the teeth.
- The tartar and plaque can lead to dental diseases, periodontitis, gingivitis, and increased bleeding of the gums.
- The tartar and plaque can create a dental pocket on the tooth. This happens as a result of the fact that the tartar slowly accumulates along the tooth hole. The appearance of a pocket entails the separation of a neck of the tooth from the gum. If the formed pocket reaches a large size, it can lead to tooth loss.
In dentistry, deep cleaning teeth from tartar and plaque is a professional and hygienic procedure that is carried out using special devices.
The patient’s photo before the professional deep cleaning.
The patient’s photo after the professional deep cleaning.
It is recommended to visit a dentist for a check-up and professional deep cleaning at least once or twice a year.
See more articles: