Causes of gum disease
Inflammatory processes that occur in the gums provoke pathogenic bacteria. Eating food that remains on the teeth, they multiply intensively, causing more and more trouble to a person. The result of the vital activity of microbes is plaque, tartar, caries, a painful reaction to hot and cold food.
Among the reasons that lead to inflammation of the gums, experts call the following:
- Poor oral hygiene.
- Smoking, alcohol abuse.
- Chronic diseases in history.
- Use of poor quality toothbrushes and toothpaste.
The situation is aggravated by weakened immunity, endocrine diseases, lack of vitamins and minerals in the body. An important factor that negatively affects the health of the gums is the intake of certain medications. If you experience symptoms that indicate problems with your teeth or gums, it is recommended that you contact your dentist immediately. Only he will be able to identify the cause of the development of a dental disease, prescribe and conduct effective treatment.
nflammation of the gums is not the disease itself, but one of its manifestations. Depending on the manifestation of which disease is the inflammatory process, the doctor prescribes treatment. Gum diseases include:
- Gingivitis - an inflammatory focus affects not only the mucous membrane, but also soft tissue. Characterized by bad breath, bleeding gums, swelling.
- Parodontosis - inflammation covers both the mucous membrane and dental sockets, periosteum. It is manifested by aching pain when food gets between the teeth, swelling, the appearance of tartar.
- Periodontitis - inflammation extends to the connective tissues, the top of the tooth root. In the affected area, the gum becomes inflamed, pain appears, body temperature rises.
- Periostitis - inflammation of the periosteum is manifested by swelling of the gums, swollen lymph nodes, pain symptoms.
To diagnose the disease, you must seek medical help. The doctor will assess the condition of the tissues. During the collection of anamnesis, he will talk with the patient, find out what could provoke inflammation. After establishing an accurate diagnosis, treatment therapy is prescribed.
Therapeutic measures for inflammation of the gums
Treatment for inflammation of the gums is selected by the doctor individually for each individual patient. It is aimed at restoring tissues, relieving pain, normalizing microflora and strengthening the immune system. The main areas of treatment include:
- Therapy with the use of medicines;
- Oral hygiene;
- Complete and varied food.
To prevent gum problems, preventive measures are important, which include regular brushing of teeth using high-quality products, professional teeth cleaning, timely treatment of dental diseases, and scheduled visits to the dentist's office.