Braces are systems for correcting bite problems. Not only of uneven teeth, but also of certain irregularities in the position of the jaws. Today there are systems that are almost invisible from the outside. In this article, we tell you what alternatives to braces are available and how effective they are.
1. Orthodontic plates
Designs with a plastic base and metal elements - hooks, arches, screws, springs. Worn permanently, but most often are removable. This is the best option for children and adolescents, because the plates allow you to correct the growth of permanent teeth at the stage of their formation. Besides, they are often prescribed for adult patients as well, but not as an independent way to correct bite problems, but as an auxiliary one.
- It's easy to take care of your teeth, because the plates are easy to remove.
- Easy care of the construction itself, as it is again very easy to take out of the mouth.
- A great option for guiding the growth of permanent teeth in children and adolescents: in the future, plates allow you to avoid wearing braces - they are simply unnecessary.
- Completely ineffective in adults with serious problems.
- It's easy to lose or forget.
- The wire elements can bend.
- The metal arcs are visible on the teeth.
- As a rule, several plates per course are required.
2. Veneers, lumineers and crowns
Veneers and crowns are an "imitation" of tooth enamel. They hide external imperfections: chips, cracks, gaps, stains. They can change the proportions and color of your teeth. And really disguise a slight curvature. The orthopedic surgeon will simply grind down the protruding areas, and the veneers or crowns will be made to match the new, straight shape of the teeth.
But it is important to understand that this is only cosmetic help. And if there are problems with the bite, veneers and crowns can not solve them - they do not change the position of the teeth and jaws. Even if you do put them, because of improper loading, the "overlays" will quickly fail and fly off.
- Corrects aesthetic defects and slight curvature.
- It hides the gaps between the teeth, destroyed enamel.
- A quick way to get a beautiful smile - dentures are installed in just 2-3 visits.
- The opportunity to achieve a truly perfect smile!
- Not suitable if there is a bite problem.
- In most cases, the teeth will have to be ground down.
Eliners or orthodontic mouth guards
Eliners are transparent "caps" that fit over the entire tooth row and have some effect on the teeth. They are still the only devices that are comparable to braces in effectiveness and can correct severe misalignment of the teeth and jaws.
- They allow you to solve problems of improper bite of any complexity.
- The mouth guards have practically no restrictions on use.
- Suitable for adults and older children.
- Unnoticeable from the outside.
- Smooth and comfortable, do not traumatize the mucous membranes.
- There are no food restrictions.
- It's easy to clean your teeth and the mouth guards themselves.
- Strict discipline - eliners must be worn all the time, taking them off only when eating and brushing your teeth.